There is a focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) in this week’s Bulletin.
- Computational and Algorithmic Thinking Competition (CAT) results are in!
- Year 12 Chemistry attend an Analytical Chemistry Workshop at Flinders University
- Environmentalist Tim Silverwood visited the Year 9, 10 & 11 Science classes with his presentation ‘No Time to Waste‘. Learn more about Mr Silverwood’s work here
- The State Final of the Australian Brain Bee Challenge is scheduled for June 23rd, and we congratulate those of our Year 10 Science students whose performance in Round 1, back in March, has secured them a place in this next stage of the competition
And in other news
- Year 12 Geography embark upon Individual Field Studies around Adelaide
- Year 10-12 Music visit the Elder Conservatorium for a lunchtime concert featuring recent Old Scholars in the Chorale
- We commemorate and acknowledge National Reconciliation Week and the significant milestones in Indigenous history it marks in 2017, with class activities and discussion
- There is a new stock of Entertainment Books available for purchase from the College Accounts Office. Please see online for more details.
- The Tuckshop Wednesday Specials are published for Weeks 6 – 10!
- The Parents & Friends is seeking expressions of interest from members of the College Community who are willing to become coordinator of this year’s Chocolate Drive
- The Parents & Friends is also on the look out for members of the College Community who may like to help the team of parents coordinating the Quiz Night, either in its planning stages, on the night, or in the sourcing of prize donations. For more information, please see inside this week’s Bulletin
- This year’s Fete will see a number of stalls farewelling their convenors as several of their daughters reach year 12. The College is calling on volunteers to, in turn, step up and fill the gap as the baton passes on to another group of generous parents. Please see inside this week’s Bulletin for more details and feel free to, without obligation, attend next week’s Fete Committe Meeting if you would like to learn more
- Auction Committee “Thank You” Morning Tea for Rec – Year 7 parents is TOMORROW Friday 2 June. See inside this week’s Bulletin for more information
- Languages Day is on Monday June 5. This year, the theme is Travelling with Languages. Our students from Rec – Year 9 are looking forward to showcasing what it is they learn in the LOTE classroom and give us a taste of French and Italian culture
- The 2017 Fete Committee will convene on Wednesday 7th June at 7:30pm (with a supper of pizza available from 7pm). This is a good opportunity for parents to find out more about each of the stalls and get more involved in one of the College’s biggest fundraising events
- Cancer Council Biggest Morning Tea for parents, old scholars and staff has been scheduled for Monday 19th of June – see inside next week’s Bulletin for more information
- The Parents & Friends 2017 Quiz Night has been scheduled for Friday 18th August. Put this date in your diary now!
Get the Week 5, Term 2 Bulletin online now!