In early August, we celebrate with thanksgiving the life of our founder St Dominic de Guzman; born in Caluerega, Northern Spain, in 1170. After so many centuries, why is it that this humble but very self-motivated man has left such a mark on so many millions of Christians around the world? Schools across Australia will, over the next week and a half, celebrate the life of St Dominic. Each one of our students will have, by the time they have completed their education in a Dominican school, their own answers about Dominic; a humble “Trail Blazer” for Christ.
St Dominic’s Priory College will celebrate St Dominic’s Day Mass on Tuesday 6 August; to be followed by St Dominic’s Day Holiday on Friday 9 August.
In this Bulletin:
- Our Year 11s have had a busy start to the term, with 19 students visiting the Nation’s Capital and a further five participating in the Common Ground Conference; joining representatives from other Dominican schools in Adelaide.
- As part of their Religion Unit on ‘Care for Creation‘, Year 7s gathered in the Hall to raise awareness of the impact of fast fashion on our environment.
- The Year 4 Class demonstrated their dedication and initiative, organising a bake and craft stall to raise money for the Primary Outdoor Classroom. They raised a commendable $520 to help set up an outdoor reading space, games area and greenery.
- Our Reception and Year 1s have been busy creating an interesting display highlighting all the different jobs our parent community are involved in (see picture).
- Parents & Friends Meeting is TONIGHT, Wednesday 31 July, followed immediately thereafter by the Fete Committee Meeting
- School Photo Day is Thursday 1 August. Full Winter Uniform is to be worn. Students are reminded to bring their envelope, to hand to the photographer.
- St Dominic’s Day Mass is 11:30am Tuesday 6 August.
- St Dominic’s Day Holiday is Friday 9 August. The College will be CLOSED.
Fete & Auction News
- Week 2 Appeal: This week’s Fete Appeal is $2 for the Pot Plant Stall.
- All-at-Once donations are due Monday 12 August
- Class Hampers: Information about the 2019 Class Hampers for the Auction has now been sent home. The return date is Friday 23 August.
- Pot Planting Morning: The first Pot Planting morning for 2019 is Saturday 24 August, from 9am.
Follow the Fete & Auction event page on Facebook for all the latest updates and Fete & Auction news!