The Conway Library supports the learning needs of Reception to Year 12 students of St Dominic's Priory College in the following ways:
- Focussing on the three elements of Inquiry Learning pedagogy:
- Questioning frameworks
- Information seeking processes
- The Action Research cycle.
This is accomplished through the planning and teaching of curriculum based research units with subject teachers.
- Empowering students for life-long learning by nurturing in our students a value of learning, and encouraging them to be discerning in their pursuit of knowledge. Our focus on Inquiry Learning and Information Literacy prepares students for the new demands of the information society of the 21st Century.
- Promoting the appreciation of reading and literature, through displays, extended reading lists, writers-in-residence, book talks and literature units of study
- Supporting the Senior Study program by providing a peaceful environment conducive to the development of good study habits. The staff also offer individual support and assistance to students.
- Developing and maintaining a collection of resources in a variety of formats to enrich and support the curriculum
- Establishing a presence on DomNet, the College's intranet, so that students are able to access information both at school and home, about the operation of the library, research skills, reading suggestions, and links to useful web sites.