Tonight will mark a new beginning for our school as we welcome the 2019 Year 7s who will transfer from their Primary schools to the Secondary settings one year earlier than ever before. Together with their parents they are joining us today for a “getting to know you” program. The schools from which these families come have had close ties with us for many years and their students are wonderful representatives of their communities. The two new classes will be housed with the third from St. Dominic’s on the western side of the campus in the classrooms which will be vacated by Year 12s. While these lucky seniors will move to the brand new facility in Hill Street, Year 7s will also enjoy their new position overlooking the sports field.
Also in the Week 9 Bulletin
- OzKids in Print: Once again the poets and short story writers of St Dominic’s have had their work published in the August edition of this Australia-wide magazine.
- 2017 College Magazine: The truly outstanding record of College life in 2017 will come home with your daughters tonight.
- Catholic Schools Music Festival: The entire Year 6 Class joined a choir of over 300 students in what was again a spectacular performance at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre Theatre.
- Reception Class visited Walkerville Woolworths as part of their learning about food and nutrition.
- The MYP Personal Project was showcased, with a Year 10 exhibition and Year 9 information evening, respectively.
- As part of their Italian investigation on made in Italy products, the Year 11 Italian Class visited Mercato for a tasting tour.
- Year 11 Informal ‘Arabian Night’ – photos inside.
- A Spring Variety Music Concert – Thursday 20 September from 5:45pm (pre concert) / 6:45pm (main concert) in the College Hall. Tickets available at the door: $10 adults | $5 concession
- 2019 External Sibling Discount form is due back on Friday 28 September
- Week 9 Fete Appeal is – Chocolate/Wine for the Chocolate Wheel and $2 for the Multi-Cultural Foods Stall
- Art Union Raffle Books are being sent home today. First prize is $1,000 cash!
- Sign up to the Parent Roster here. There are many stalls still in need of assistance – especially during the lunch rush. Many thanks to those who have so generously given of their time.
Get the Week 9 Term 3 Bulletin online now.