Parents at St Dominic’s Priory College play an important role in the life of the school, not only as their children’s primary educators, but also as valued and engaged members of the school community. With high parent engagement at St Dominic’s, we also see high learning engagement from our students. Every little bit helps to make our school the wonderful community it is. We are so appreciative of the parents and friends who contribute to this.
Become a volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering at St Dominic’s Priory College, please download registration forms here:
In the interests of child protection, all necessary paperwork and training is to be completed before commencing voluntary work on site. Once you have completed all documentation, please call the College on (03) 8331 5100 to book an induction meeting. We look forward to having you on-board.
What our parents think
“I enjoy the opportunities to volunteer in the various school events, like Sports Day, Fete and Quiz Night. I especially enjoy volunteering in the School Canteen. Working a couple days, during a term, really helps me feel a part of the school community where I build relationships with Teachers and Admin Staff. On these occasions my daughters and I are able to catch up together with their friends during their school day.”
Reasons to Volunteer
- Research has shown that children whose parents are involved in their schools achieve better results, have higher attendance rates and graduation rates.
- Volunteering allows you to spend more time with your child and share in school-related experiences.
- It really does take a village to raise a child. Volunteering is a great way to connect with other parents and create a circle of families who get to know and love your own child.
- Volunteering allows you to build a relationship with the teachers and staff who will play a big part in your child’s schooling years.
- Schools with high volunteer participation levels perform better. Volunteers help teachers and staff free up their time to focus on educating their students.
- Volunteering allows you to showcase your strengths and do things you love.
- Research shows that people who volunteer live longer, have lower stress levels, and are generally healthier