St Dominic’s offers a range of activities that both support and enrich the
- Art Workshop - caters for secondary Art students 3.30pm–4.30pm after school on Mondays.
- Australian Business Week (ABW) - provide students in Years 11 and 12 the opportunity to become involved in ABW.
- Chess - Caters mainly for secondary school students. Involvement in interschool competition held at the Chess Centre in Adelaide.
- Club International - Mainly aimed at Year 8, 9 and 10 language students in the organisation and preparation of social and cultural events in and out of school
- Debating - Teams from Years 8-12 are entered in the South Australian Debating Association Schools Competition.
- Environment Group - This group meets on nominated lunch times to discuss, raise awareness and take action on environmental issues within and beyond the school.
- Extended Curriculum - This is a program which runs on an inter-school basis and provides gifted and talented students the opportunity to explore a topic not usually covered in their regular curriculum with a group of like minded students.
- Knitting Club - Offered to students who are keen to learn and develop skills in this popular craft.
- Maths Club - Provides an opportunity for Years 8-12 students to develop problem-solving skills and meets each week after school.
- Music - complements the classroom music program in Years 8-12. The students are often invited to perform at various public and private events and the College offers students a breadth of musical experiences.
- Politics and History Club - Students from all year levels can participate and it aims to expand students’ political and historical awareness.
- Public Speaking - Students are provided with the opportunity to participate in a number of Public Speaking competitions, where they can develop their communication and thinking skills, as well as develop their confidence in speaking in front of a group of people.
- Press Club - open to students from Years 7-12 to prepare articles for publication in our student newspaper, DomWired.
- St Vinnies Group - The St Vinnies group is made up of students from Years 8-12 who are interested in social justice issues and taking action in their lives.
- School Musical - Students have the opportunity to participate in a school musical production each year culminating in public performance, usually over three nights. Rehearsals are held after school hours.
- Young Achievement Australia (YAA) - Students in Years 10 to 11 are invited to become involved in the YAA Business Skills program.
St Dominic’s has had a strong contingent of students participate in the YAA program. More information about this enterprising and exciting opportunity is available from the website www.yaa.org.au.